Baker - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
573 job postings for the occupation of Baker in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Baker. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Baker Do:
Mix and bake ingredients to produce breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, or other baked goods.
Common Job Activities:
- Check products for quality and identify damaged or expired goods.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in production ovens or on grills.
- Set time and speed controls for mixing machines, blending machines, or steam kettles so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measure or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or icings, using scales or graduated containers.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
- Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Decorate baked goods, such as cakes or pastries.
- Operate slicing or wrapping machines.
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, or other products.
- Direct or coordinate bakery deliveries.
- Order or receive supplies or equipment.
- Prepare or maintain inventory or production records.
- Develop new recipes for baked goods.
Search by Occupation