Solar Installer - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
5 job postings for the occupation of Solar Installer in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Solar Installer. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Solar Installer Do:
Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic PV systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
Common Job Activities:
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards, using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit.
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials.
- Identify installation locations with proper orientation, area, solar access, or structural integrity for photovoltaic (PV) arrays.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Visually inspect and test photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems.
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware.
- Determine photovoltaic (PV) system designs or configurations based on factors such as customer needs, expectations, and site conditions.
- Diagram layouts and locations for photovoltaic (PV) arrays and equipment, including existing building or site features.
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
- Determine connection interfaces for additional subpanels or for connecting photovoltaic (PV) systems with utility services or other power generation sources.
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Install active solar systems, including solar collectors, concentrators, pumps, or fans.
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Select mechanical designs, installation equipment, or installation plans that conform to environmental, architectural, structural, site, and code requirements.
- Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations.
- Measure and analyze system performance and operating parameters to assess operating condition of systems or equipment.
- Compile or maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance.
Search by Occupation