Construction Foreman - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
558 job postings for the occupation of Construction Foreman in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Construction Foreman. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Construction Foreman Do:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
Common Job Activities:
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
Search by Occupation