Real Estate Agent / Broker - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
1,339 job postings for the occupation of Real Estate Agent / Broker in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Real Estate Agent / Broker. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Real Estate Agent / Broker Do:
Operate real estate office, or work for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions. Other duties usually include selling real estate or renting properties and arranging loans.
Common Job Activities:
- Sell, for a fee, real estate owned by others.
- Obtain agreements from property owners to place properties for sale with real estate firms.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details and during the closing of sales.
- Supervise agents who handle real estate transactions.
- Generate lists of properties for sale, their locations, descriptions, and available financing options, using computers.
- Manage or operate real estate offices, handling associated business details.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Maintain knowledge of real estate law, local economies, fair housing laws, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government programs.
- Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms to ensure that they are handled in a timely manner.
- Check work completed by loan officers, attorneys, or other professionals to ensure that it is performed properly.
- Rent properties or manage rental properties.
- Maintain awareness of current income tax regulations, local zoning, building and tax laws, and growth possibilities of the area where a property is located.
- Arrange for financing of property purchases.
- Arrange for title searches of properties being sold.
- Develop, sell, or lease property used for industry or manufacturing.
- Give buyers virtual tours of properties in which they are interested, using computers.
- Appraise property values, assessing income potential when relevant.
- Review property details to ensure that environmental regulations are met.
Search by Occupation