Advertising Sales Representative - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
429 job postings for the occupation of Advertising Sales Representative in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Advertising Sales Representative. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Advertising Sales Representative Do:
Sell or solicit advertising space, time, or media in publications, signage, TV, radio, or the Internet. Includes individuals who obtain leases for outdoor advertising sites or persuade retailers to use sales promotion display items.
Common Job Activities:
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts, using computer.
- Draw up contracts for advertising work and collect payments due.
- Recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising, depending on medium being used.
- Obtain and study information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Write copy as part of layout.
- Consult with company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies to develop promotional plans.
- Identify new advertising markets and propose products to serve them.
- Determine advertising medium to be used and prepare sample advertisements within the selected medium for presentation to customers.
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes and coordinate bidding and contract approval.
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge.
- Arrange for commercial taping sessions and accompany clients to sessions.
- Write sales outlines for use by staff.
Search by Occupation