Sales Consultant - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
1,937 job postings for the occupation of Sales Consultant in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Sales Consultant. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Sales Consultant Do:
Sell merchandise, such as furniture, motor vehicles, appliances, or apparel to consumers.
Common Job Activities:
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Sell or arrange for delivery, insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Estimate and quote trade-in allowances.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase or rental.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Estimate quantity and cost of merchandise required, such as paint or floor covering.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Bag or package purchases and wrap gifts.
- Estimate cost of repair or alteration of merchandise.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
- Rent merchandise to customers.
Search by Occupation