Parts Specialist / Salesperson - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
857 job postings for the occupation of Parts Specialist / Salesperson in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Parts Specialist / Salesperson. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Parts Specialist / Salesperson Do:
Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
Common Job Activities:
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
- Fill customer orders from stock and place orders when requested items are out of stock.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Locate and label parts and maintain inventory of stock.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Pick up and deliver parts.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Manage shipments by researching shipping methods or costs and tracking packages.
- Maintain and clean work and inventory areas.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
- Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
- Repair parts or equipment.
Search by Occupation