Sales Supervisor - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
1,832 job postings for the occupation of Sales Supervisor in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Sales Supervisor. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Sales Supervisor Do:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers. May perform duties such as budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
Common Job Activities:
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
- Monitor sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Formulate pricing policies on merchandise according to profitability requirements.
- Hire, train, and evaluate personnel.
- Analyze details of sales territories to assess their growth potential and to set quotas.
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments.
- Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services.
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign employees to specific duties.
- Prepare rental or lease agreements, specifying charges and payment procedures for use of machinery, tools, or other items.
- Visit retailers and sales representatives to promote products and gather information.
- Keep records pertaining to purchases, sales, and requisitions.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventories drop to specified levels.
- Examine merchandise to ensure correct pricing and display, and that it functions as advertised.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities, such as preparing merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to determine product condition.
Search by Occupation