Pest Control Technician - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
301 job postings for the occupation of Pest Control Technician in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Pest Control Technician. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Pest Control Technician Do:
Apply or release chemical solutions or toxic gases and set traps to kill or remove pests and vermin that infest buildings and surrounding areas.
Common Job Activities:
- Record work activities performed.
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall, or roof porosity and access to infested locations.
- Recommend treatment and prevention methods for pest problems to clients.
- Post warning signs and lock building doors to secure area to be fumigated.
- Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, or over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins.
- Clean work site after completion of job.
- Drive truck equipped with power spraying equipment.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment, calculate fumigant requirements, and estimate cost for service.
- Study preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Set mechanical traps or place poisonous paste or bait in sewers, burrows, or ditches.
- Direct or assist other workers in treatment or extermination processes to eliminate or control rodents, insects, or weeds.
- Cut or bore openings in building or surrounding concrete, access infested areas, insert nozzle, and inject pesticide to impregnate ground.
- Clean and remove blockages from infested areas to facilitate spraying procedures and provide drainage, using brooms, mops, shovels, or rakes.
- Position and fasten edges of tarpaulins over building and tape vents to ensure air-tight environment and check for leaks.
- Dig up and burn, or spray weeds with herbicides.
Search by Occupation