Barista - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
244 job postings for the occupation of Barista in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Barista. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Barista Do:
Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table.
Common Job Activities:
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Take customers' orders and write ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Order items needed to replenish supplies.
- Wrap menu item such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Set up dining areas for meals and clear them following meals.
- Replenish foods at serving stations.
- Carve meat.
- Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Add relishes and garnishes to food orders, according to instructions.
- Arrange reservations for patrons of dining establishments.
Search by Occupation