Food Service Team Member - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
4,211 job postings for the occupation of Food Service Team Member in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Food Service Team Member. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Food Service Team Member Do:
Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
Common Job Activities:
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee, using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in take-out bags.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
- Pack food, dishes, utensils, tablecloths, and accessories for transportation from catering or food preparation establishments to locations designated by customers.
- Distribute food to servers.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver meals to individuals with special dietary needs.
- Arrange tables and decorations according to instructions.
- Provide caterers with assistance in food preparation or service.
- Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
Search by Occupation