Security Officer - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
2,418 job postings for the occupation of Security Officer in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Security Officer. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Security Officer Do:
Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate x-ray and metal detector equipment.
Common Job Activities:
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Respond to medical emergencies by administering basic first aid or by obtaining assistance from paramedics.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler.
Search by Occupation