Pharmacy Aide - Indiana Regions Overview:
The graph above shows that there were
92 job postings for the occupation of Pharmacy Aide in Indiana during 2013 and 2014. The vertical bar chart shows which regions had the most demand for Pharmacy Aide. These numbers represent current demand as advertised in online job postings and do not necessarily indicate projected job growth in the future. Nevertheless, these numbers are a valid barometer for gauging recent job demand statewide and regionally in Indiana.
What Pharmacy Aide Do:
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
Common Job Activities:
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
Search by Occupation